Thursday 14 April 2011

Friendship is...

Being able to ring her doorbell after 2 years and one new addition to the family each, and rather than coo over our prospective new baby girls, being able to ask for a pump without her even batting an eye.

And I couldn't help but wonder what the neighbours and the decorator were thinking if they noticed me standing at the sink relieving myself of rather a lot of excess milk.

(in case this is a scenario to put you off breastfeeding - I'd like to counter it with 101 reasons why breastfeeding rocks, just to set the balance right. I've not had a nursing strike in 2 1/2 years so am rather perplexed myself by the situation)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I guess that's definitely someone you can call a friend.

I've had a difficult morning and just phoned my best friend to rant on the phone. She wasn't in so I left a message on her answering machine but I know she'll ring me back when she comes in.

CJ xx

Mwa said...

That is a beautiful thing. Truly.

addthis

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin